Nanoshel Carbon nanotubes are molecular-scale tubes of graphitic carbon with outstanding properties.
Nanoshel manufactures nanoalloy and metal nanoparticles and nanopowders. We offer iron-carbon, nickel-carbon and copper-carbon nanopowders.
Nanoshel oxide nanoparticles are particles with diameters between about 1 and 100 nanometers.
Nanoshel Nano Everywhere
Nanotechnology is unlike other scientific disciplines you may be familiar with in its breadth. It pulls in information from physics, chemistry, engineering, and biology to study and use materials at the nano level to achieve various results. It turns out that being able to see and work with things on a very small level has some very big ramifications not isolated to one industry or field. In this section you get an idea of the types of applications and future changes nano is making possible.
Think of some other scientific disciplines. Medicine pertains only to healthcare; astronomy is lost in the stars; zoologists focus on animals. But nanotechnology doesn’t have that single focus; in that respect, it’s more like physics or chemistry, scientific disciplines whose discoveries can be used in many areas and many industries and with many other sciences
Nano is also used in many commercial settings, many of which you’ll hear about in more detail in subsequent chapters. For example, nano materials are used to
- Add strength to materials used in products ranging from tennis rackets to windmills
- Act as catalysts in chemical manufacturing
- Help absorption of drugs into the body
- Add stain resistance to fabrics used in clothing
- Make medical imaging tools such as MRIs function more accurately
- Improve the efficiency of energy sources such as batteries and fuel cells
- Purify drinking water and clean up our air